I realized the other day that I'm only going to live once, so I better get going. This blog will document my journey through my list of 101 things to do in 1001 days!

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

#54 Finish A Story and #28 Enter A Writing Contest

So, for those of you who don't know, I not only love to cook, I love to write. But I have this horrible habit of think up this great story and start writing it...only to leave it midway through. I get kind of bored or kind of discouraged and then just never go back to it. So I have a bunch of great starts with no endings. Kind of pathetic. Well, at the beginning of this summer I started a short story called "Lizard" about a young woman who takes on her sister's daughters after a tragedy. It's written from the aunt's P.O.V.; a role which I know very well. I started it, determined to finish in a few days...I was on a writing frenzy and wrote most of it the first day. Then I got busy and distracted and didn't go back to the story until this morning. And finished it just a few minutes ago! I feel really great! Not only am I happy with the story, I'm also really proud that I saw this writing project the whole way through!

So, I decided, what the hell! I may as well enter it in the Undergrad Writing Contest and submit it to see if it is worthy for publishing for the online literary journal Literary Laundry! The story isn't amazing, but I like it and what do I have to lose? But I don't find out results for a few months yet. Lame. Oh well, I'll be in suspense til then :)


No comments:

Post a Comment