I realized the other day that I'm only going to live once, so I better get going. This blog will document my journey through my list of 101 things to do in 1001 days!

Monday, August 9, 2010

A spontaneous week!

Well, I did NOT end up getting my face painted last Tuesday, so that is still on the list. But that's okay, because I got a bit bored and decided to spontaneously tackle 2 more tasks this past week.

First of all, last Friday was the final day of my summer job! I'm still going to be working a bit this week, but doing different things and not as many hours. Yay sleeping in! Boo less money. Oh well.

So, Friday was the last day and I was COMPLETELY exhausted because I had a very stressful and LONG week. So, I ride my bike home Friday evening...get home and think "I'm bored."
So I decided to ride into town and make a trip to Hobby Lobby to complete #63: Make a Custom Recipe Book! But I ran into a bit of trouble. After riding my bike ALL the way there, Hobby Lobby had nothing even resembling recipe cards or books. I toyed with the idea of making it scrapbook-esque...but decided against it. Later in life, I'm not going to have time to scrapbook a recipe. So I ended up going to Hastings (A book/movie/music store) which was in the same plaza as Hobby Lobby. I walk in, and BAM! There are an assortment of recipe books and recipe cards just waiting for me!! :) I grabbed a really cute one with a mixer on the front and some recipe cards that are really bright and bubbly. On an unrelated note, I also bought a Claude Debussy CD. I have been looking EVERYWHERE for one, and it was the first thing I saw when I wandered into the classical music section. So, over all, very good trip!

Oh, and a little side note: when I got home, I was very excited and started filling out my recipe cards. If you know me, you know that I have lots of Italian family recipes that I love to use. All was going fine (I have been keeping all my recipes stored in my brain) until I got to the recipe I've made the most, but haven't made in awhile. I completely blanked on homemade tomato sauce!! So I called a very close family friend, Karen, who the recipe comes from (but I changed it to make it my own!) to ask about a few specifics. Boy, was she ashamed of me! A good Italian never forgets how to make her sauce!

But, after she gave me the recipe, we chatted a bit. Karen used to live down in Florida but has just moved to...North Carolina? South Carolina?...Sheesh! 20 years old and already having memory loss! Well, one of the Carolinas. She lives in a cottage up in the mountains...completely surrounded by them. She made me really excited to do #93: Visit Karen's New House! I can't wait! I wish I could do it this fall...but with a broken down car and little money...I don't see how it's possible. So, I'm shooting for sometime next spring or summer. It's on the list, so I have to do it!

Well, to get back to what I have done...On Saturday I surprised my boyfriend with a picnic on a grassy, sunny hill in a very big and beautiful park. Picnic basket, plaid blanket and all! It was really fun. We ate delicious food from the Italian Market and were all lovey-dovey :) So that crosses # 62 Have a Picnic off the list!

No comments:

Post a Comment