I realized the other day that I'm only going to live once, so I better get going. This blog will document my journey through my list of 101 things to do in 1001 days!

Monday, August 2, 2010

A very productive weekend!

Alright!

So, I did manage to spend the ENTIRE weekend without a computer...and let me tell you, it was really tough. I'm glad I picked a weekend where I knew I wouldn't need it, so I would just be wasting time on it. I can waste time on more productive things (and I did!). But if I hadn't left my computer at home while I was dog/house sitting, I know I would have failed this task. I was even tempted to bike back to my house and get it! But in the end, I succeeded! So, #8 is checked off my list! Yay!

Well, my next task to tackle was to answer the 50 Questions That Will Free Your Mind. It took me Friday night and most of Saturday to think about and answer them all, but I got all 50 done! Some of them were kind of "eh" or the answers were easy/obvious for me...but some of them really made me think and it did give my brain something else to think about besides facebook/lolcats/Sims! I'm glad I decided to do this task, just because some of the questions really made me start rethinking my priorities. So, I'm putting a check next to #59 on my list!

As I said Friday, I would be working on also filling up my journal and working on my reading. One of my tasks is to read 26 new books...one for each letter of the alphabet. I did some nice work in my journal (I'm really happy that I have this as one of the projects! I love writing!) and I finished a book called "Mandy" by Julie Edwards. Okay, technically, this is cheating a bit. When I was a kid, I read "Mandy" about six hundred times. It's a kids chapter book... about 279 pages. I was kind of a book worm... :) Anyway, I am going to say that for just the letter "M" I can read a book I've already read (albeit 11 years ago) and a children's book at that! Well, so I've read 1/26 of that task! Lots of reading ahead! Oh, how I'll suffer :P

Okay, and lastly, I have a surprise FINISHED task! I was a little bored while dog/house sitting, and while I was looking for the remote I noticed the wicker basket of nail polish in the living room! She had such pretty colors that I couldn't resist (and I knew she wouldn't mind), so I decided to tackle task #38: Paint every nail a different color and leave them be for a week! I'm not really a nail painting kind of gal, and I don't take real care of it when I do, so there are already some chips in the paint. Oh well. But the colors are really cute, ranging from lavender to magenta, burgundy to hot pink, red to metallic pink and a few colors in between. It's fun and funky, so I love it! I hope it brightens my week as well as some others'!

Well, that was my uber productive weekend! I decided that since I have a really big week in front of me, I'm not going to take on any new tasks and just work on the ones already in progress!

Oh, and thats $21 in the bank! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment